MilitaryWives.com Privacy Notice
What Personal Information About Customers Does MilitaryWives.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at MilitaryWives.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us
- We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses MilitaryWives.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at MilitaryWives.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications
- To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from MilitaryWives.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources
- For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
- What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of MilitaryWives.com's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- Does MilitaryWives.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only with the subsidiaries MilitaryWives.com, Inc., controls and as described below.
- Promotional Offers
Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of MilitaryWives.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that MilitaryWives.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of MilitaryWives.com and Others
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MilitaryWives.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Promotional Offers
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of MilitaryWives.com features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of MilitaryWives.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
- MilitaryWives.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use MilitaryWives.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions